Diane von Fürstenberg isn’t just a fashion mogul. The daughter of a prisoner at Auschwitz concentration camp, Fürstenberg learned at an early age what it means to persevere. Now worth over a billion dollars, she built her fashion empire from just a dream. She was determined to be something and she became it. For that, we must follow her advice and heed her warnings….
1. “The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself.
2. “Don’t blame your parents, don’t blame your boyfriend, don’t blame the weather. Accept the reality, embrace the challenge, and deal with it. Be in charge of your own life. Turn negatives into positives and be proud to be a woman.
3. “The girls who were unanimously considered beautiful often rested on their beauty alone. I felt I had to do things, to be intelligent and develop a personality in order to be seen as attractive. By the time I realized maybe I wasn’t plain and might even possibly be pretty, I had already trained myself to be a little more interesting and informed.”
4. “The important thing is to take your time and not get stressed.”
5. “When you feel humiliated or things like that, you either use it as fuel to change or you get covered by it.”
6. “I’ve never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don’t let it out. Then there’s a tragedy, and then all of a sudden that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy.”
7. “Fear is not an option.” “Don’t dwell on the dark side of things, but look for the light and build around it. If one door closes, look for another one to open.” “Never, ever, blame others for what befalls you, no matter how horrible it might be. Trust you, and only you, to be responsible for your own life.”
8. “Never, ever, blame others for what befalls you, no matter how horrible it might be. Trust you, and only you, to be responsible for your own life.”
9. “Passion and persistence are what matter. Dreams are achievable and you can make your fantasy come true, but there are no shortcuts. Nothing happens without hard work.”
10. “Now is the time to become a myth.”