Lessons of 2017

Home Forums Chatter Lessons of 2017

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jill 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Martin
    Lauren Martin
    Keymaster
    14 pts

What’s one of the most important lessons you learned in 2017? Something you will take with you into 2018 — something that may have hurt you but helped you grow. Something that may have taught you without you realizing it until now.

#7948 Score: 0

Ellie

To care more for myself and say yes to more fun things and say no to things that are asking too much of me at work!

#7949 Score: 1

Rebecca

That I AM a survivor. I always seem to figure things out and I’m going to start believing that more, and worrying less!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #7950 Score: 1

RJK

I loved him, though. He held me when it was cold and turned the AC on in the summers. He took full advantage of me but I didn’t care because I had someone that would keep me warm through the winters. He lost his job and I supported him financially and did everything for him. I knew how he liked his eggs in the morning, the type of gourmet toast he liked, cooked the apple chicken sausages to the T, and how much orange juice he drinks with it all. Washed his dirty clothes and put it all back straight out of the dryer. I did all of this even after he reached outside of our relationship. I thought he needed to be shown love to give it. Today, the last day of 2017 was the last day I will ever see him. He’s gone. And I learned that I need to reclaim my power. My dignity. My strength. My independence. My sanity. I am not a doctor I cannot fix anyone no matter how much I love them. I am also not someone’s medicine. I am not and will not be another woman who stays with a man who claims he loves her but puts his hands on her, screams hateful words, and seeks outside of a relationship.

I am not that person anymore.

2018 I am learning to live again and fully.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #7952 Score: 0

Sofia

I learned that you have to take care of yourself first and foremost. I fell in love this year and when my relationship ended I felt lost and forgot how to take care of myself (mentally) I learnt that I need to always take care of myself and love myself because that’s an unconditional love that I can ALWAYS have.

#7953 Score: 0

Alexandra

This year my biggest lesson was that setting boundaries and learning to say no isn’t selfish, it’s a means of survival and self preservation.

#7954 Score: 0

Daniela salcedo

If someone wants to do the right thing, they will.

#7958 Score: 0

Shania Pedigo

You cannot control others actions, you can only control how you react to them.

#7959 Score: 0

Michelle

Release and let go of anything that doesn’t serve you and doesn’t align yo you. Be ruthless about it. If you don’t, you will only be holding yourself back from new opportunities.

#7965 Score: 0

Sandra

Working hard to let go of someone who hurt me. Still trying, but each day it gets easier and better. Giving time to time.

#7968 Score: 0

Jill

Letting go so that I can be me again. Knowing that I can’t fix someone’s problems for them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Login or quick register to reply to this topic.

Yes No