Favorite Female Character From A Movie

Home Forums Community Board Favorite Female Character From A Movie

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  @rebelleroze 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Martin
    Words of Women
    Keymaster

Who is your favorite female character from a film? Why do you admire them? Why do you think you’re drawn to them?

#7176 Score: 0 | Reply
    Lauren Martin
    Words of Women
    Keymaster

Sandra from ‘Two Days, One Night’ because she’s a woman struggling with depression who has to pull herself up in order to save her job, marriage and family. She shows delicate strength in the face of a disease that can be all-consuming.

View clip here –>

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c4c8dbbc0b8c7c7763b2742343ca70a2/tumblr_orsvssTk4u1tjl995o1_1280.jpg

Watch trailer –>

#7177 Score: 0 | Reply
    Karina Michelle
    Karina michelle

O-Ren Ishii

Let’s talk about an antagonist you want to root for. The Queen of the Japanese underground has a dark and tragic past which makes her a sympathetic character. As a young child of 9 witnessing her parents brutal murder, she sets out to avenge them. Her target is Japan’s cruelest Yakuza boss, pedophile Matsumoto. 2 years later with a sword thrust into his gut, O-Ren asks Matsumoto if he remembers her while his teeth crack under the pressure of her sword. She goes on to become the worlds top female Assassin and the queen of the Tokyo underworld. She makes the hard calls, including the time she publically executed a Yakuza boss for insulting her mixed heritage. That’s pretty bad ass for a boss.

#7178 Score: 0 | Reply

Marta C

Mako Mori from Pacific Rim, because she’s brave and courageous, she’s confident, a hard worker. Family is very important for her, she has her own goals and she’s able to accomplish them. She follows her heart, she doesn’t quit. She’s a fighter. <3

#7181 Score: 0 | Reply

Joools

Marge Gunderson in Fargo. Sensible and badass. The epitome of strong midwestern woman!

#7182 Score: 0 | Reply

Fatemeh

Lis from ‘The girl with the dragon tattoo’ just because she was a bossy, bad ass bitch whondidn’t take shit from anyone, AND she was smart and hard working. 🤷🏻‍♀️

#7183 Score: 0 | Reply

Juliana

Francie Nolan from “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.” She truly demonstrates a great deal of perseverance, determination, and hopefulness. I love her character and drive to make a better life for herself and her loved ones. She helped shape me if nto the person I am today, and for that I am forever grateful.

#7184 Score: 0 | Reply

Destinee Stamer

Rose Dewitt Bukater – Titanic. Rose is determined to make a life for herself that doesn’t settle within any boundaries, norms, or expectations. I call that bad-assery!

#7185 Score: 0 | Reply

Erika S

Frances Ha. Mega relatable. Stays true to herself and her dreams. Even though it appears she’s failing miserably at life, she ends up winning at it.

#7186 Score: 0 | Reply

Shirley Alexander

Aunty Mame! Mame Dennis, did what she wanted in a time that women were to be seen and not heard. She marched to her own drum and plain and simple was a bad ass because she straight didn’t give one single f*#k what anyone thought and she lived her BEST life!!

#7187 Score: 0 | Reply

Emily

Both Marina and Holly from the criminally under appreciated Me Without You I love them because they are raw and flawed and incredibly human. Unlike other female friendships on film, this one shows the good and the bad in equal measure. Both of these women are complicated, strong, and emotional, in search of both personal fulfillment and love. I also love that the relationship that defines them both is with each other, rather than with any man. Truly a testament to the incredible power of female friendship! I think I am drawn to the raw potency of their friendship and the strength they each display in their vulnerabilities.

#7188 Score: 0 | Reply

Michelle Hahnl

Marie Antoinette via Sofia Coppola: she’s doing the best with what she’s got. Somewhere between child and woman; where she came from and who she is to be. Authentic to self while minding her title. Naturalist. Mother. Artist. Lover. Wife. Queen. Misunderstood with great intention.

#7189 Score: 0 | Reply

Katee K

“Oh my darlin’, oh my darlin’, oh my darling Clementine!” Oh, Clementine Kruczynski! Could a love life in your 20s be any more honest, raw, and scabbed as you have lived it and attempted to forget it? The heart will always aggressively fight you for what it ultimately wants. You’re a solidly tough girl, navigating through emotional puberty as a runaway train without a track. Your vulnerability is ultimately the plot of the film to “Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind”. To quote you, “Too many guys think I’m a concept, or I complete them, or I’m gonna make them alive. But I’m just a fucked-up girl who’s lookin’ for my own peace of mind; don’t assign me yours.” – Thank you for making me feel not alone in this world.

#7190 Score: 0 | Reply

Tamsin

Kat Stratford from 10 Things I Hate About You was my teenage idol. A straight-talking, uncompromising feminist.

#7191 Score: 0 | Reply

Malin Hay

Ginger the chicken from Chicken Run. She’s an incredibly strong woman (well, female chicken) in a movie which is full of independent female characters. She just perfectly captures the feeling of trying really hard to get a movement started and being constantly thwarted – by killer dogs, scary farm owners and the narrow-mindedness of her peers, in her case – but she doesn’t let it stop her from achieving her goal. And she achieves it almost entirely under her own steam, without the help of men. What a woman!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Favorite Female Character From A Movie
Your information: